- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
The George Washington University (GW) conducts educational activities and research in more than 80 percent of the countries around the world.
To support GW’s activities outside the United States and to assist faculty and staff on issues such as international travel, registering and paying foreign vendors, exchange rates, tax regulations, the Finance Division has developed information to provide essential knowledge for global operations, including:
- University Offices lists offices which may be relevant to global operations.
- Requirements highlights relevant university policies, legal issues, and important issues such as international cell phone usage and travel insurance.
- Travel has information on booking travel using the iBuy+ system or through Travel Leaders, the university's travel management company for full-service or group travel.
- Procurement provides details regarding procedures to register foreign vendors.
- Payment & Banking addresses financial transaction issues such as use of the P-card, exchange rates, reimbursement, and paying vendors and suppliers
- Engaging Workers explains hiring abroad and independent consultants.
- Tax Considerations underlines both corporate and employment tax considerations.
- Research & Grants highlights considerations for international research activities.